Below are 2 methods of printing postcard designs from Postcard Monster Shop.
METHOD 1 – At Home Printing
To print your postcard design at home, you will need Heavy Card Stock paper with a Glossy or Smooth finish. You can get this type of paper at your local Staples or Office Depot / Office Max store.
We have provided 2 listings of Heavy Card Stock paper from Office Depot’s online store:
- Neenah Bright White Premium Card Stock, 8 1/2″ x 11″, 65 Lb
- HP Glossy Color Laser Brochure Paper, 8 1/2″ x 11″, 40 Lb
Here are a few tips to remember when printing:
- The PDF file of the Postcard Design you purchased has Side A and Side B. Each side (A & B) of the postcard has a Quarter Inch Bleed around it. This means that after you get done printing you’ll need to cut it down to size.
- You would want to print out Side A – FIRST
- Then re-feed your paper back into the printer, with SIDE A – DOWN to then print Side B
4.25 x 6.25 inches – Cut each side off making it 4 x 6 inch postcard.
5.25 x 7.25 inches – Cut each side off making it 5 x 7 inch postcard.
DO NOT use regular printing paper to print out the postcard design, its always best to use a Heavy Card Stock paper. With regular paper the ink will bleed, and if your postcard design has text on it, the ink of the text will also bleed, making it hard to read. Your paper will also buckle, unlike using a heavy card stock paper.
METHOD 2 – Take Your File To A Store
That’s right! Have someone else do the printing for you. Just save your file to a portable flash drive, and bring it with you to your local Staples or Office Depot / Office Max store. Head over to the Copy / Print area, and tell them that you have a Postcard that needs to be printed.
Here are a few tips to tell the person that will be printing off your postcard:
- Tell them the size of your card…. 4×6 inches or 5×7 inches.
Follow up with stating that it has a Quarter Inch Bleed, making it either 4.25 x 6.25 inches or 5.25 x 7.25 inches.
- Tell them you want it to be printed on a Heavy Card Stock paper with a Glossy or Smooth finish.
- Ask if they can also Cut it down to the appropriate size.
NOTE: For a postcard that is 4.25 x 6.25 (4 x 6), the person can fit 3 of Side A on One Side of a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, and also fit 3 of Side B on the other side of the same 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Do not have them try and fit 4 on each side of the paper, that will not work.
HAPPY PRINTING EVERYONE!
Take a picture and Share it on Social Media (#PostcardMonsterShop) of your postcard after it’s printed!